Spread the Word
Spreading the word is one of the best ways you can help save land for people and wildlife. Please follow the suggestions below. Thank you for helping!
1. SHARE the following link with your town officials: Top Ten Ways to Preserve Land and Water in Your Community
2. SHARE our Planning Commission Boot Camp link with your town officials and local planning commission: Planning Commission Boot Camp
3. SPREAD THE WORD-SHARE our website link www.GetOutLandish.org on your social media pages and email it to friends and others.
4. WRITE A LETTER TO THE EDITOR of your local newspaper and include our website link www.GetOutLandish.org and post your comments and the link on their social media pages. Be polite and try to educate them. No one likes being attacked.
How do you find media in your area?
Visit www.usnpl.com and www.enewsreference.com/newspaper/unite.htm to locate all the major news media outlets’ contact information. It even gives you a direct one-click link to each TV or newspaper’s website anywhere in the country! It’s that easy to reach out to those that can bring attention to what you’ve seen or heard.
5. SPREAD the word to your friends. Download and share the images below on your social media and other online sites and include the link to this website, www.GetOutLandish.org .
To Download Images
Click on Image to Enlarge
Windows: RIGHT click on the LINK, select “save target as” and save to your computer.
Macintosh: Drag-and-drop image to your desktop or click and HOLD on the link, select “save as” and save to your computer.
7. JOIN or DONATE to a conservation organization. Here are some effective groups below:
8. Own land? TAKE STEPS to preserve your land. Start here.
9. Know someone who owns land? SHARE our website with them: www.GetOutLandish.org.
10. BECOME knowledgeable.
Read the articles, links and recommended books on our Resources page.
11. CREATE a conservation neighborhood with M&Ms!: Make your own conservation subdivision using M&Ms as houses with our fun workshop!
12. LEARN why natural lands, open space and working farms and ranches are economically advantageous to have in your community: View Cost of Community Services Studies Fact Sheet (PDF)
13. LEARN why so many homes don’t fit the character of your community in the article See “The Seven Deadly Sins of Home Building” (PDF).
14. LEARN about land use Myths.
15. BUY AN EXISTING HOME instead of a new home (we know, we know, you really want that new dream home in the country. If you have your heart set on a new home, look for one in a conservation neighborhood where 50%-70%+ of the buildable land, plus the unbuildable lands have been protected.)
16. Post and Share our Videos Below (click arrow at right hand top of video to share)
Did You Know?
Clint Eastwood, aka “Dirty Harry”, donated his 79 acre family land to the Big Sur Land Trust.
“If I came along and saw a development there, that would break my heart, you know.”